Sunday, June 23, 2013

FIXING HEALTH THE NATURAL WAY : Rika Stelcik Talks About Getting Off Her Diabetis, High Blood Pressure and Hyperthyrodism Medications By Eating The Right Food


For as long as I can remember, I have always been a chubby kid. Growing up, I ate the standard American diet (also known, appropriately, as SAD!), with a traditional Japanese twist. My dad spoiled me rotten, with candy and sweets. My mom, on the other hand, was always critical with sharp words, in an attempt to make me lose weight. I starved myself through high school senior year to fit into my prom dress.

College was stress in a growing snowball. I was diagnosed with high blood pressure, diabetes, and hypothyroidism. I pushed through to figure out what the “silver bullet” was to cure my weight. My frustration finally turned to alternative methods because western medicine with its pills and side effects wasn’t working. I spent thousands of dollars to “fix” my health, but nothing seemed to work. I finally went to see a naturopath who told me I needed to stay off gluten, soy, corn, and dairy. Within 3 weeks, I got off 90% of my medications and gradually tapered off the rest. I finally understood The POWER OF FOOD.

I graduated with my masters degrees in holistic nutrition and clinical nutrition. I knew what things helped me, but the weight was not coming off on its own. With hope, I experimented on numerous methods. I learned muscle testing and applied kinesiology. Using different techniques, I learned that I have an autoimmune issue and heavy metal toxicity. My hypothalamus was a wreck because citrus caused my body major distress. Having eaten a lemon every morning with my green smoothie, I tried an experiment to see how my body would handle it. Within ten days, I released 25 pounds very quickly. My body deflated, once the stressors were gone. I realized that not every “healthy” food is really meant to be healthy for me.

I have always struggled with weight. No matter how much I exercised, starved, tried dozens of diets, and considered surgery, I was also heavier than I wanted to be. I went on this quest to find “the holy grail” of weight loss and it went farther than I thought possible!

Bottom line, here are things that I hope you will walk away with inspired:
1) Your body truly is a temple. Call it sacred. Treat yourself with the best possible quality you can afford. Organic, grass-fed, no anti-biotics or chemicals, etc… Breathe and move. Consider yourself loving and kindness through mind, body, and soul!
2) Listen to your body. Do you listen? Carefully watch your thoughts.

Rika Stelcik
Irvine, California
http://havehealthtoday.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment