Sunday, June 23, 2013

MEDICATION FREE SINCE 1998: Paradise Hill Farm's Matthew Goodman Talks About Reversing His Nerve Damage With Raw Foods

It started in 1986 when in 9th grade I suffered and nearly died from appendicitis after 10 days of hell before it was diagnosed and operated upon.

Sadly, I would find in hindsight that they left me with a low-level leaky gut that eventually surely led to an auto-immune diagnosis of MS at UPenn and Jefferson hospitals, by world-renowned neurologists years later, in 1997.

All of the classic, nightmare, 'irreversible' neurological symptoms would ensue with the lesions on my brain: numb arms and legs, skipping and double vision, bladder control problems, vertigo and severe exhaustion.
I refused the medication at first, but eventually succumbed to injections, and the nasty side-effects of interferon once a week. I only shot it for 5 months before going it alone however. I was a successful personal trainer with an insatiable desire to learn about healing modalities, supplements, nutrition and ways of being. I even began to manage it to a degree with unsustainable amounts of supplements and a strict diet of low-fat foods (Dr Swank diet), until I had a horrible flare-up in 1999.
Then, most of my nutritional knowledge came together, after out of desperation, I watched a video of Rev George Malkmus from Hallalujah Acres that was previously collecting dust near my TV. He spoke clearly about the raw-food diet, and for whatever reason, it made complete sense.
I went 100% raw, felt like crap for 3 weeks with faith that I was cleansing, then great thereafter, but did not reverse the nerve damage for nearly 6 months of strict diligence. Then, I felt stronger and clearer than ever, despite being accustomed to top physical condition most of my life. I was climbing mountains, running, and leaping boulders in NY in ecstasy soon later.
Soon I'd learn about fasting, my most powerful tool. I would implement a schedule of raw foods, fasting, and daily yoga that I learned from classes and a Kundalini guru in national forests while traveling the country. My travels would take me to all but 6 US states.
In 2003, I hiked from Maine to Tennessee with my dog and raw foods on my back on the Appalachian Trail to prove an 'impossible' healing. I would pass nearly everyone, hiking 25 miles a day, six days a week my last month out, to prove the healing power of nature.
Now, I hardly have the enthusiasm and strict lifestyle of my youth, but still live medication-free since 1998, eat mostly raw, fast as frequently as life allows, and am a very active manager of a 1200 acre cranberry farm and a 2 million dollar/year health store. I am confident with my knowledge that I can turn up the heat and perform feats, but live a pretty normal, magical life on a huge farm, married with a bunch of pets.
My memoir is being considered for major publication and will be available whether published or not, as soon as I print it again.




Matthew G Goodman
Paradise Hill Farm
paradisehillfarm@gmail.com
facebook.com/paradisehillfarm

mattg95@gmail.com
facebook.com/mattgoodman99

No comments:

Post a Comment