Friday, June 28, 2013

RECOVERY FROM ARTHRITIS AFTER 42 DAY WHEAT GRASS JUICE FAST by Martin V. Lesser

"My name is Martin V. Lesser, age 68, residing at 305 E. 86th St., New York City. I am an attorney, licensed to practice in the State of New York but inactive for the past two years. My inactivity and retirement from my profession resulted from ill health. I was suffering from protein deficiency, arthritis, muscular attrition, liver disturbance, and osteoporosis of the cervical spine.

The first physician who treated me was Dr. Benjamin H. Hyman, Professor of Surgery at New York Polyclinic Hospital. Under his auspices I was admitted to New York Polyclinic Hospital on Aug. 27, 1969. I remained there 5 days and he later treated me privately by prescribing synthetic vitamins and advised me to go on a liberal diet with cooked meats, potatoes, desserts. I followed this advice but my condition became progressively worse. Dr. Hyman died in May of 1970. I then went to a well-known neurologist, Dr. Lawrence I. Kaplan residing at 812 Park Avenue, New York City. He advised X-rays of the cervical spine which I had taken at Maimonides Hospital in September, 1970. The X-Rays showed osteoporosis of the upper cervical area of the spine. Dr. Kaplan prescribed synthetic vitamins and the relief of pressure in the spine by a weight pulley device. The synthetic device and pulley device did not prove effective and I became progressively worse. I lived on the average American diet: cooked foods, abundance of dairy products such as cheese, cottage cheese, ice cream, sweets, whole wheat bread, cooked vegetables, pasteurized fruit juices.

I began to suffer with restricted and painful movements of my shoulders, neck, upper arms and hands. Also I was experiencing post nasal drip and throat mucus. I went to another physician, Dr. J. Reuben Budd of Passaic, New Jersey. he gave me a thorough physical examination and then gave me NO ADVICE, JUST THAT I WOULD HAVE TO ACCEPT MY CONDITION AS PART OF THE AGING PROCESS. My condition deteriorated further. I then went to see a nutritionist , Dr. Stanley Bass of Coney Island Avenue, Brooklyn, New York, a licensed chiropractor, in October of 1970. He prescribed a diet of sprouted mung beans and raw vegetable salads and recommended that I also try to obtain some Wheat Grass. Living in New York City I found it difficult to grow the Wheat Grass and was not able to obtain organic greens for salads. Dr. Bass gave me a book entitled "Be Your Own Doctor" by Ann Wigmore. I read it and decided to visit Ann Wigmore's establishment, HIPPOCRATES HEALTH INSTITUTE in Boston. It took me over a year to finally leave New York City and go to Boston. I thought I might stay a week in Boston to see at first hand Ann Wigmore's therapy and way of growing Wheat Grass, Buckwheat Lettuce and Sunflower Lettuce , all indoors according to her book. I took a small valise with enough clothing for a week's stay in Boston on November 8, 1971. It being a mild day I took a light top coat. After I arrived at the Hippocrates Health Institute and was there a few hours I knew I had been led to the right place for therapy. Despite my lack of sufficient warm clothing I have remained at the institute for six weeks and followed the therapy advocated.

The following program was suggested: rectal implants of about 8 ozs. of fresh Wheat Grass juice thrice daily every three hours. I adhered to this for 42 days. Occasionally I chewed some mung sprouts or alfalfa sprouts together with sunflower lettuce or buckwheat lettuce just swallowing the juice and discarding the pulp. This was to appease psychological hunger since I experienced no real hunger while on the fast.

Having been on this Wheat Grass juice fast for 42 days I am now ready, on Dec 21, 1971, to return to New York City. I have lost 25 pounds , weighing 135 and I am 5'11" and broad boned. I am thin but I feel vital. The skin feels firm despite the large weight loss. My pains have disappeared; arthritic signs are almost non-existent. My spine is flexible --without pain. I feel at least fifteen years younger. I intend to get a new series of X-rays to see if the X-rays show any changes in the area previously showing osteoporosis.

I expect to adhere to a diet of sprouted living foods such as : mung beans, alfalfa sprouts, lentil sprouts, and partially sprouted whole wheat berries, together with sunflower and unhulled sesame seeds; also, greens grown indoors plus avocado.

The diet suggested by Ann Wigmore eliminated all cooked foods and all refined, canned, processed foods, together with avoidance of all milk products, and meat, fish and eggs. No grains except sprouted grains are used. The diet has shown Ann Wigmore and Victor Kulvinskas to be in superb health and I know it will keep me in good health and correct any other latent conditions of ill-health still remaining.

The atmosphere at Hippocrates Institute evokes blessings and thanks for all those who have been guests and visited and observed what occurs"

Martin V. Lesser




Story taken from : "Survival in the 21st Century: Planetary Healer's Manual" by Viktoras H. Kulvinskas, M.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment